6 of the Best Delivery Driver Jobs Near Me
Delivery Driver Jobs Near Me
Looking for Delivery Driver Jobs?
Well, you’re in the right place. Today we are going to discuss the BEST delivery driving jobs.
We pride ourselves on sharing the whole story here on Tried and True. No company is perfect, so we’ll tell you both the good and bad about each delivery job and let you decide for yourself if it’s worth signing up for.
Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list as I often get companies reaching out to me about available remote positions they have and I only share these with my subscribers.
I’ve read a lot of complaints about delivery driver jobs and I think it’s unfair because these companies have been upfront with their policies.
These are all Independent Contractor positions, which means you are contracted to perform work or provide services to another entity as a non-employee.
So, the wear and tear on your vehicle. You pay for it. You get into an accident while driving, it’s on your dime. Benefits? There are none. Pay taxes? Yes.
Side Note: If you’re in need of health insurance, see what others who are self-employed are using and how you can get health insurance here.
While it might seem unfair, it is important to understand the policy and choose whether or not you’re okay with it before you sign up.
These food delivery driver jobs are simply a way for you to make extra money on the side.
I’ve also read complaints that there can be long wait times to pick up orders, but I believe this is just an opportunity to make more money.
Here is a list of ways to make money from home and some of these can be done in your free time while you’re waiting on orders.
If you want to make decent money with these jobs you will have to hustle. Are you a hustler? You can sign up for one, or all delivery driver jobs we listed to increase your chances to make more money.
These delivery driver jobs are part-time or you can make them full-time. You choose your own schedule and deliver when you want.
Also, be sure to consider becoming a Notary Loan Signing Agent. This will require driving to different locations, but it is a great way to earn extra money.
You can see how John Flick earns $5k-$7K per month only working 3-4 days a week and how you can too in my How to become a loan signing agent article.
The delivery driving companies on this list all have slightly different hiring requirements but have these in common:
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Drivers must have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Have consistent access to a vehicle
- Have a recent smartphone (iPhone 5 / Android 4.4 or newer)
- Ability to lift between 30-40 lbs with or without any accommodation
If you like to drive, enjoy interacting with people, or really just need to make some money fast you’ll definitely want to consider these companies.
These delivery jobs are beyond your typical Pizza Delivery Driver Jobs and can have great earning potential.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.
Here are The Best Food Delivery Driver Jobs
DoorDash is one of the best delivery driver jobs, you simply pick up and drop off to-go orders from local restaurants.
You must be 18 years or older to apply, Have access to a vehicle or bicycle (any car, truck, motorcycle, or scooter), Pass a background and driving record check, and Complete an orientation online or in person.
DoorDash has something called FastPay where you can also get paid the same day, even on weekends. In order to qualify for FastPay, you have to complete 25 deliveries and have dashed for at least two weeks.
Here’s How DoorDash Works:
- Get activated – Sign up for DoorDash to get you on your way.
- Get ready – Pick up the basics of Dashing, some gear, and the iOS or Android app.
- Get paid – Turn on the app, accept some orders, and start bringing home the bacon.
Pros of delivering with DoorDash
- Get paid weekly with the option to get paid the same day
- Choose your own schedule, very flexible
Cons of delivering with DoorDash
- The mileage fee is fairly low
- Pick up times can be long
- Parking can be tough if you’re in a busy city
How much can you earn? According to Indeed, DoorDash drivers make an average of $18 per hour, plus 100% of tips.
If you treat this as a side hustle and want some quick easy money, definitely consider DoorDash.
Instacart is a great way to make money fast. All you have to do is search “delivery jobs near me” and this will be one of the options. Full-Service Shoppers receive orders through the Instacart app and then shop and deliver groceries to the customer’s door. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
The hiring process is quick and easy.
It takes only a couple days to get started once you sign up. You will receive a debit card to do the shopping and be paid within that same week!
Here’s How it Works
- On the app, you will get visibility to all available options within the time frame you want to work
- Choose your schedule
- Pick and choose which orders you want to take with an earnings estimate. See the example below,
How much can you earn? I did a full review on How you can make a $100 or more a day with Instacart but the minimum payment is $10 per hour.
Pros of driving for Instacart
- Set your own hours
- Get paid weekly
- Work when you want
Cons of driving for Instacart:
- Some deliveries are far
- Some customers live in apartments where you will have to deliver groceries upstairs (even cases of water)
- Some days could be slow
If you have some extra time and need some money fast, you should consider Instacart.
SHIPT is pretty much the same thing as Instacart; search “driving jobs near me” to see if SHIPT is available in your area. You get paid to grocery shop and deliver the groceries. The hiring process is pretty simple as well.
The pros and cons are the same as Instacart and it’s a great way to make some extra money.
How much can you earn? SHIPT pays on average $22 per hour which is not bad.
If you live in a busy metro area you could really make a lot of money with SHIPT.
Postmates drivers deliver more than just dinner. They also deliver groceries and alcohol in under an hour. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
Here’s How it Works:
- Download the Postmates Fleet app and open the app whenever you want to make money
- Easily identify busy areas in your city and the best times to pick up orders. Earn more with weekly guarantees
- Get weekly deposits or cash out instantly anytime you want
- Once you sign up, Postmates will send you a free delivery bag and prepaid card so you can deliver food, drinks, retail, and more.
How much can you earn? $3-$5 for deliveries but you also get tips. I read one report from Glassdoor where this guy made 7 deliveries and made $50 with tips and another makes $200-$300 a week.
Pros of driving for Postmates
- Work whenever you want
- Postmates offers bonuses and incentives
Cons of driving for Postmates
- You don’t know where you are dropping off orders until you accept the delivery request
- Not the best customer service support
5. Amazon Flex
Amazon Flex allows drivers to get paid by delivering packages from their own vehicles (mid-sized or larger vehicles only). To be eligible for Amazon Flex, you must be at least 21 years old.
Check out my full review and the comment section to see how it’s working for others
Here’s how it works:
- Set your own schedule – Tell Amazon when you want to make deliveries
- Pick up your packages from an Amazon Delivery Partner – when you arrive, scan and load your packages
- Reach your destination & Earn – the app will show you where to deliver with directions. After you make the delivery, check the app for your earnings.
How much can you earn? $18-$25 per hour
Pros driving for AmazonFlex
- Be your own boss/Set your own schedule
- If you show up for a selected block of deliveries and they have no packages to deliver, you get paid the predetermined price to go home
Cons of driving for AmazonFlex
- You work only when they need deliveries
- Sometimes deliveries can be far
- Currently only available in a number of States, click here to see what states they are currently in and you can also join the waiting list as they add more locations.
- Search “part time delivery jobs hiring near me” if you do not need full time work through AmazonFlex.
GrubHub drivers pick up and deliver food from restaurants; search “delivery jobs hiring near me” to see if GrubHub delivery is available in your area. You must be 19+ years of age (21+ in Chicago), 2+ years of driving experience, and pass a background check. You can also deliver on a bike if you have a valid state ID.
Here’s How It Works:
- Schedule a delivery block for when you want to work (Optional but preferred)
- Get in position – GrubHub will send you orders once you are in a predefined delivery zone and you set your status to “taking offers”
- GrubHub will send orders your way and you have 90 seconds to accept or decline (you’ll want to accept most offers)
- Before you accept the offer, you can see full details of the order and location and how much you’ll earn
- If you accept the offer, GrubHub will direct you to the restaurant for pick up
- Once you pick up the order, the GrubHub app will direct you to the final destination
How much can you earn? $10-$19 per hour plus tips
Pros of driving for GrubHub
- Work when you want
- Get paid weekly
- Pays per mile from restaurant to customer
Cons of driving for GrubHub
- Restaurants can have long wait times to make food for delivery
- Hard to get a hold of customer service
Did you find any companies you’d consider working for? I hope you enjoyed this break down on delivery jobs “in my area” and can decide which company(s) is best for you.
If you want to find more ways to make money, check out my ultimate list of ways to make money from home.
If you want to stay updated on ways to make more money, be sure to join our mailing list.
You Might Also Like
- How to Sell on Amazon and Make a Six-Figure Income
- 30 Small Business ideas you can start today
- 10 of the Best Money Earning Apps