THE TOOLS I USE TO RUN A SUCCESSFUL BLOG
Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you.
Please know that I only recommend companies I actually use, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
I recommend using SiteGround for the following reasons:
- Site Speed (They helped reduce my site speed by 10 seconds, that’s huge!)
- Affordable – I paid $65.40 with Bluehost and I could have paid only $47 for the first year with SiteGround
- Once your traffic grows you can easily move to their “GoGeek” plan like me and it is the most inexpensive plan compared to the other Hosting sites I found.
- The SSL Certificate is FREE! Google will begin to penalize websites that are unsecured if they do not have the “S” at the end of HTTP (the “S” indicates that it is secured).
Take a look at my step-by-step guide on what you need before your purchase.
I help many people create their websites and when it comes to finding a theme (website template) I always direct them to Themeforest. Themeforest is where I purchased my blog template and I’ve used them for the other 3 websites I’ve created. My theme was only $19 when I purchased it, you do not have to spend a lot on a theme contrary to popular belief.
I use tailwind to schedule my pins on Pinterest because their smart scheduler knows at what times of the day the most people are on Pinterest and that’s when they post my pins! This has allowed me to put by website traffic on autopilot. I can now spend more time with my family and work on other things.
Milotree is the popup that should have come across your screen if this was your first time visiting my site, see below example.
This is what Milotree does, creates a pop-up on your website with an objective to convert your website visitors into followers.
Think about it, when someone visits your website they are only there to read an article based on your advertisement.
They are not thinking, “Hey, I like this content let me follow them for more content like this.” People need a reminder, and Milotree does that.
Gaining Pinterest followers is important. The more Pinterest followers you have, the greater the chances of increasing your website traffic and credibility. I attribute most of my Pinterest followers to Milotree.
I LOVE this tool. It literally corrects all of my mistakes (but still use your best judgment at their suggestions) and it helps me remember which punctuation should be used when and where. If you want to look like a professional blogger having spelling mistakes is a huge turnoff and messes with your credibility. This tool is a MUST for all bloggers.
This tool is so important, and I can’t stress it enough. Let me explain something really quick, to make money blogging through advertising you need traffic. Buzzsumo helps in the way of showing you the most popular articles other bloggers have written, and it shows how many times it was shared (the free version only shows you the top 5 articles) within the last year. It helps me decide what to write about next and make it even better. It takes out the guesswork and lets me know what people are interested in.
Latest posts by Whitney (see all)
- How I Use Pinterest to Drive Massive Traffic to my Site - January 16, 2020
- How to Become a Freelancer Online As a Beginner & Get Paid! - January 15, 2020
- Best Part Time Work From Home Jobs that Pays Well - January 12, 2020